Whole Body Hyperthermia
Heat Treatment: Therapy Methods and Mode of Action
In whole body hyperthermia, the entire body, except for the head, is overheated with water-filtered IR-A-radiation. The body temperature reaches different temperatures:
- Mild hyperthermia up to approximately 39°C
- Moderate, fever-like hyperthermia 39.0° – 40.5°C
- (Extreme whole body hyperthermia up to approximately 42°C, only performed in hospitals).
Depending on the individual situation, a series of 3 to 12 applications is recommended. One application usually takes between 3 to 4 hours.
Indications for Whole Body Hyperthermia
Whole body hyperthermia has a wide range of clinical indications in prevention and treating therapy-resistant diseases:
- Prophylactically stimulating the immune system
- Chronic recurrent inflammations of the intestines, skin, respiratory tract, chronic infections of the respiratory tract
- Rheumatic diseases
- Chronic back pain, sciatica
- Fibromyalgia, arthrosis, neuralgia
- Bronchial asthma
- Arterial hypertension
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Treatment, accompanying orthodox medical therapy such as radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Secondary prevention in tumour-free situations to prevent metastases
– Improving psychological stability in depressions
Dr. med. Astrid Kohl’s practice offers mild and moderate whole body hyperthermia in Berlin using a modern device of heckle hyperthermia.